Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Northern Bites ARC Sign-Up & Teasers

It's going to be awesome!



Love bites.
Probation sucks.
Thanks to Dante’s recklessness, Aurora is now partners with Valerie: the redheaded, backstabbing vixen.
Dante is in full flirt mode. Fane’s tactics are far more ruthless. Something carnal has awakened in Aurora and neither boy is helping tame her cravings.
When a member of the unit’s team is found dead, Aurora and Valerie are sent after a vampire in Sitka, but Aurora suspects the killer’s much closer to home.

Meet the team's new bad boy: Jared.

Valerie and I stood in place. Just as I was about to admit defeat and head to the back of the ticket line, Jared gave us both a shove from behind toward the check-in counter.
“Hey!” Valerie said.
“Hey, yourself, Red.”
Valerie snorted in disgust. “Really? Is that the best you can come up with?
“Works for me,” Jared replied, pushing between us to get to the front counter.
“Dipshit,” Valerie said under her breath.
“Three to Juneau, final destination Sitka,” the clerk said. “I have you all seated together in aisle twenty-three. Will you be checking in any luggage?”
“Three bags,” Jared said.
It’s not like we could carry all our knives and hazardous materials on board.
“What seats are we in?” Valerie asked as the three of us waited in line at security.
“I’m taking the aisle,” Jared said. “You two can flip for the window seat.”
Valerie shook her hair over her shoulders. “I’m not flipping for anything. I call window.”
Great, stuck between Ginger and Mr. McCreepy. 



A young man dressed to the nines walked out of the kitchen with a tray of drinks as I walked in. At least Noel and I had the space to ourselves. I looked around the counters. Last time there had been a champagne fountain.
My eyes landed on a silver tray lined with shot glasses filled with a thick red liquid.
My eyes widened. “Is that...”
“Blood,” Noel said.
I opened my mouth to speak, but Noel cut me off. “Don’t worry, it comes from the blood bank. There’s wine in the fridge or champagne if you prefer.”
“I think Aurora would prefer the blood.”
Goosebumps rose over my flesh at the sound of Fane’s voice. I turned slowly. I couldn’t stop myself from staring once I saw him. Fane wasn’t cute in the conventional sense. A lot of girls would probably cross the road to avoid passing him on the street, but they didn’t know the way he kissed. The way his lips teased me until I was breathless. If he kissed that good I couldn’t begin to imagine him in bed. Actually, I could. And therein lay the problem.


Dante texted back: Just remember, if you’re going to fight use pillows.
Valerie snorted. “See? Typical.”
And you can only wear underwear, Dante added before I had a chance to respond. Hey, I don’t make the rules. ;)
Whatever, I typed.
“Give me that.” Valerie grabbed the phone out of my hands before I could send the message. She deleted “whatever.”
“Dante’s messing with you and you’re playing right into his hands. This is exactly what he’s expecting, Aurora. It’s time he got a dose of his own medicine.” Valerie began typing. I tried to see, but her hair blocked my view when she leaned forward. Only when Valerie lifted her head did I see what she’d written and sent.
Actually she stepped out so it’s just you and me.
I breathed a sigh of relief. That wasn’t too bad.
Dante messaged back instantly. Meaning? 
I wanted to ask Valerie the same question.
Valerie smirked and typed. Meaning I’ll strip if you strip.
“Valerie!” I cried.
She held up a hand. “Let’s see what Mr. Hot Shot replies to that.”
I had to admit I was curious. We watched the screen. It remained blank.
Valerie snickered. “Two can play at this game, Don Juan.”


ARCs available in pdf sometime in June



Sign-up for New Release Alerts.

Add it at Goodreads.

Volume 1 available in e-book at Amazon KindleNook, iTunes, and Smashwords.

$9.99 in print wherever books are sold online.

14 comments:

  1. I think Valerie is growing on me now :P Great teasers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Valerie is a ball of fire and such fun to write! Therapeutic, too. I'm not a confrontational person. With Valerie I get a chance to let my inner bitch out. LOL

      Thanks, Katrina!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! Valerie & Dante are going to be a ton of fun, huh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tons of fun, Ali! This is the first time I didn't want to finish a book and feel majorly upset that it's over. At least there are more volumes to come. :D

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to see what's going to happen with the group next.
    I love the covers of the books in this series and I love the plot, I love that it's not the typical vampire romance story, since I got bored of those pretty quickly.

    -Nazish @ Nazish Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that input, Nazish. I feel the same way. I try to offer a unique experience, not just for readers, but to make it fun for myself. Writing a novel is a lot of work so I better enjoy the story and characters!

      Delete
  4. Looks so good, Nikki! :D
    Those character pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ada. I'm a stock site junkie. ;) Haven't found a Dante or Fane I like yet, though. I'm so picky.

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh, you are killing me with these teasers!!! I can't wait to meet the new additions, great teasers and great pictures BTW! Hurry up end of the month!!! Eep! Congrats on being this close to the relase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you might enjoy those character photos, Danielle. ;) I'm DYING to get this one out. So many of the scenes were like, 'whoa, where did that come from?!' So yeah, dying to hear what readers think.

      Delete
  6. Wow! Nikki, I can't wait to read this!!! Great pics, too xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I require visual stimulation. lol Thanks, Kim. xox

      Delete
  7. I am so ready for this I can barely contain myself. Dante is a riot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nikki I'm so excited to read the second book!! Can't wait to find out what happens with my AB negative pals. ha ha.

    ReplyDelete