Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mom & Me

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mom's out there... and us fur mama's too! ;) Here are some photos of me and my mom - my best friend!
 These are all photos taken on Orcas Island. The biggest reason I wanted to move from Central Oregon to the San Juan Islands in Washington is to see my mom more when she and her boyfriend stay at their place on Orcas.
A lot of people confuse us for sisters. ;-)
Friends forever. I worked with my mom for many years in Alaska at my family's souvenir business and used to see her just about every day. Now I only see her a few times a year and sometimes less than 24 hours since I'm on a different island and we have to catch ferries for quickie visits. (I'm totally crying while I put this post together.)
Cooling off in Mountain Lake in Moran State Park on Orcas Island. I grew up swimming in Wallace Lake in Wasilla, AK at my grandma's cabin.
If you've got your mama or kids nearby today, give them a great big hug and enjoy being together... or give your pup a pet!

Much love, Mamas! xoxo

4 comments:

  1. I would confuse you two for sisters too, your mom's kept herself in shape! Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The women in my family age well. Maybe it's the Swedish genes. ;) Have a good one, Sheena-kay!

      Delete
  2. AW!!! What an awesome post!! Loved it!! What beautiful ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete