Friday, March 22, 2013

Northern Bites * Cover Reveal * April 4th

Buffy and Faith - the inspiration for Aurora Sky, Vol. 2's cover.
COVER REVEAL: April 4th

Out of all my covers, Northern Bites (Aurora Sky, Vol. 2) has taken the longest to nail down. Naj and I began collaborating on it last month. We went through two drafts before Naj suggested I write a synopsis to get a clear idea of how to best represent the book. (Is she not the best? Who needs an agent when you've got a designer to talk reason into you?)

So, we took a break.

In the meantime, I kept working on the book and drafting a synopsis. What I found is that somehow Valerie pushed her way into a supporting role. Inspiration struck. I spent several days (and I don't want to admit how many hours) looking at Buffy and Faith photos and royalty free stock models I felt best represented the pair.

This morning I saw the mock up and I think it's pretty badass. With a few tweaks I believe it will really kick butt.

Check back here April 4th and let me know what you think or if you're a blogger and have reviewed volume one, SIGN UP to do a cover reveal. (Cover will be emailed April 1st.)


Blog Tour: March 25-30

Review tour schedule at Xpresso Tours.

Tour Giveaway & Promotion

Volume 1 will be on sale for 99 cents during the review tour and cover reveal for Kindle and Nook.

Enter to win a signed paperback of Aurora Sky, Blood Bath cherry scented shower gel, and Blood Transfusion mason jar with straw. The mason jar is awesome. I bought an extra for myself because I haven't been drinking enough water. Not a problem anymore.
  a Rafflecopter giveaway

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the cover!!! And I absolutely love the giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mason jar seriously rocks! ;) I hope everyone likes the cover. It's been a real tough one to pin down.

      Delete
  2. Oh can't wait to see the cover! If you want another blog to show it off on, let me know! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two chicks with daggers - surest way to get Andrew's attention. ;) You read volume one so why not? I'll nab your email off you on twitter or Facebook.

      Delete