Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Demon Lover Review (WWRC, 2)


I got this book by mistake. Not the kind of mistake where I click to read more about a book on my Kindle and inadvertently buy it while screaming, “Nooo!”

I saw Demon Lover on NetGalley, clicked to read more and was told my request had been submitted. Another “Nooo” moment followed not because I didn’t want the book (I so did!), but because I never thought Ballantine Books would approve the request. A couple weeks later they did. Win!

This is like nothing I’ve ever read before. From page one I was pulled in. I mean, how could I not? A dark and handsome incubus appears by the light of the moon to ravish women and give them mind blowing orgasms! <fans face>

The Demon Lover is so much more than an adult fantasy or romance novel, though.

Something very peculiar is going on in Fairwick, NY. Fantastical, often weather related, occurrences besiege the town and campus. Creatures hide in plain sight, some in human form. Someone, or something, is sucking the life force out of students and even faculty. One student is doomed by a decades old curse. Can it be broken?

I absolutely adored this novel! I wasn’t expecting it to be a series so it came as a bonus to learn that book two, The Water Witch, releases NEXT month. Can’t wait!

Demon Lover goes on my favorite’s list.



Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge (2)

8 comments:

  1. I really loved the gothic feel of this one:) The Water Witch was also great but didn't thrill me as much as the 1st in the series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That always worries me, but I suspect I'll still find much to enjoy...so long as the incubus returns! LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are not nearly enough Incubus books in the world for my liking, going to have to grab this one ~ sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first book I've read featuring an incubus. More! More!

      Delete
  4. Wow, this book sounds great, thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also loved this one, and just last week, I got The Water Witch from NetGalley too! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I requested The Water Witch over the weekend. Maybe I'll get lucky again! ;)

      Delete