Saturday, November 17, 2012

Moving To A New House (Rental)

The U-Haul is booked for TODAY. We're loading as much as we can after we pick up the truck in the late afternoon and then away we go Sunday.

No more internet for a couple days starting sometime Friday the 16th, thus the scheduled post. But I'm looking forward to faster internet. It's worse than third world on the island. We currently get 3 megs. Soon we'll have the fastest possible in these parts: up to 10 megs! Woo-ee!

The help we tried to arrange can't make it. I am so tired of moving everything on our own. We're in our mid-30's and our lower backs definitely feel the aches and pains of hauling crap from one place to the next. I'm looking forward to settling in and the upcoming 4-day Thanksgiving weekend to unpack and RELAX.

See you on the other side!

3 comments:

  1. At its very best, moving stinks. I hope I don't have to move for the rest of my life... really.

    I'l send all the unpacking angels your way to help you. And I hope you get rest this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We lucked out and got the help of two teenage boys - wrestling team. YES! I have never been so grateful for help. They were great kids and hard workers.

    2nd stroke of luck - no rain while we moved. Next day, torrential rain! (It's been on the news for Seattle area.)

    All in all super smooth. Introduced ourselves to our one "neighbor." (Can't see any neighbors, which I love!) They're great. Feeling good about everything - just exhausted and still loads of unpacking.

    Hurray for the upcoming 4-day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nikki!

    Can you please email me your address, now that you're all moved? I've got something to send to you. And Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete