Thursday, October 4, 2012

My First Book Signing

The best part about being a writer... meeting other writers!

Indie authors Jenni Merritt, Keary Taylor, Nikki Jefford, and Rachael Wade
On Wednesday, October 3rd, I had the great pleasure of participating in a YA reading/signing - Indies in the Sound - in Eastsound at Darvill's bookstore on Orcas Island. (See the lovely poster Keary designed on the window? Click here to see it in its full glory.)

At the end of the reading we all did a book swap. Yay, I got me a signed stack of goodies!
Keary Taylor is an Orcas resident (originally from Utah). I live on neighboring San Juan Island (and lived on Orcas 10 months prior to that - aw, miss Orcas!). Jenni Merritt, who I met for the first time yesterday, was actually born and raised on San Juan Island (and is trying to get back), but now lives in Oregon.


Rachael Wade came all the way from Florida and is looking to relocate on Orcas or somewhere near-a-bouts. We met online a few months ago and it was a treat hanging out face-to-face. Our hubbies even got a chance to bond. I kidnapped Rachael and Dave and took them on a 4-mile trek around Mountain Lake right before set-up time. Heh, heh. I had to do a quick "costume change" in a public bathroom.

Indie Love. You ladies are the jam in my jellyroll!
BLOOPERS: I have a frustrating tendency to make really bizarre facial expressions. While the other authors were doing their readings my husband told me I switched from angry face to annoyed face. I, of course, refused to believe I had anything other than a fabulous smile on my face during the entire event. Seb did manage to capture some bizarre looks, which I've shared on my Facebook author page.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! I so would've loved to be there to hear you guys read and to hang out. Someday soon I'll make it back up there. :)
    Your funny faces on your Facebook page are hilarious. I have some similar pictures. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have loved to have you up reading with us. Indies take over Eastsound! LOL

      I hope you and Rob come back for a visit soon!

      Delete
  2. I had a great time too Nikki! Now we just need to take over Friday Harbor sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should do a holiday event with cookies. What new authors can we recruit to visit the islands? ;)

      Delete
  3. It looks like it would've been so much fun! I sooo wish I could've gone! But nursing school is keeping me quite busy! Maybe next time ;)

    P.S. LOVE the pics on facebook! So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of these days, Lili.

    Don't work too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like so much fun! Congrats!! And I can't wait to get home from work so I can check out those pics on your facebook page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, Nikki. Your Facebook photos are too funny. Instead of weird facial expressions, I talk with my hands....like, BIG time. I'm very animated, even when I have no reason to be LOL. We all have those quirks, I guess. ;)

    Can't wait to do this again...maybe on San Juan next time??

    ReplyDelete