Monday, September 24, 2012

It's My Birthday and I'll Buy Books If I Want To

Special Edition Birthday Vlog (cause only you guys understand the excitement of acquiring new books!)




Mentioned in this vlog: Jenni at Alluring Reads

The Books:
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick - only $4.99!
Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
Vegan Brunch by Isa Chandra Moskowitz (cookbook)
The Secret Circle by L.J. Smith

And! Seb ordered me the new Kindle Paperwhite (shipping October 22nd). I prefer this style to Kindle Fire's and other devices because I don't like reading on computer-type screens - it tires out my poor old eyes.

8 comments:

  1. I LOVED Anna Dressed in Blood! I thought it was amazing! I also loved Unearthly, it was awesome! <3 Tucker

    You got way cool birthday presents! I'm totally jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to read both of these. Now the fun of deciding which of these books to read first. :)

      Delete
  2. Very awesome! I hope you have a great birthday, but I think you're lying about being 35!:p Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I barely believe it either. The women in my family don't age.

      Forever young!

      Delete
  3. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake is in my TBR shelf. Dying to read it!! :) I'll have to check the other titles. The only ones I'm familiar with are Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith The Secret Circle by L.J. Smith Those are all amazing reads :)

    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, girl! Hey, Birthday Week isn't over yet. ;)

      Delete
  4. Yes! You definitely need Anna in PB the deep red writing is awesome and it is such a good read. And yay for the Kindle Paperweight. I recently got a Kindle Fire and a Kindle Touch and I love them both! I hope you love it just as much! Great haul chick and happy belated birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arg, I just wish I'd let my husband pre-order the device sooner - it would have shipped tomorrow. I was afraid they might ship early while we were away and it would be sitting outside in the rain or get nabbed. Now I have to wait till October 22nd!

      Ah, well - something to look forward to. :)

      Delete