Sunday, August 5, 2012

Indie Author Island Party

I love meeting authors online - even more so in person.

Yesterday's treat was spending the afternoon with Stacey Wallace Benefiel and Keary Taylor. These ladies are as nice as they are talented. The time went by too fast!


We all met up in Friday Harbor, Stacey coming from Lopez Island (where she and her husband Rob are spending their 10 year anniversary) and Keary from her home on Orcas Island. On the way over the engine on their ferry went kaput. It managed to make it into the dock an hour late and the out-of-service Evergreen has been causing scheduling ciaos in the usually peaceful streets of San Juan ever since.

Alas, it didn't strand Stacey and Keary here with me and all too soon we had to say our good-byes.



5 comments:

  1. I had an awesome time with you and Stacey! Hopefully you and I can get together again sometime and have a little longer to hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I love meeting authors online" - I second that. And I totally need to add their books to my to-read list. Looks like you guys had an awesome time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so lucky!!! I love Keary Taylor and Stacey Wallace Benefiel !!! Maybe you guys can collaborate!! That would make for one awesome book!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome that you all met up! It sounds like such fun!! Beautiful day, too!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete