Thursday, June 21, 2012

Authors I Get to Meet this Summer

I'm so excited! Here's who's headed to the San Juan Islands this summer:

Stacey Wallace Benefiel, author of the bestselling Zellie Wells Trilogy and other titles. She's camping on Lopez, I live on San Juan - we're both taking the ferry over to Orcas Saturday, August 4th to meet...

(okay, so this one is already LIVING in the islands) Keary Taylor, author of the newly released What I Didn't Say, and bestselling Fall of Angels series and Eden. Since we haven't managed to hook up properly, not counting the run-in at the grocery store when I was behind Keary in line during a weekend trip to Orcas, it will be nice to finally sit down to lunch together!

And end of September/beginning of October, bestseller Rachael Wade, Resistance Trilogy, will be on her second scouting trip to Orcas. It's her goal to move from Florida to Seattle to Orcas. I keep telling her we need to start a writing colony in these islands.

Check out Rachael's Travel Bucket List #3: "Meet author Nikki Jefford."

I can't wait to meet you, woman!

I'm holding out hope that maybe, possibly I'll get to meet S.M. Boyce, bestselling author of The Grimoire Trilogy. She's cruising to Alaska and will be in Seattle the same day I'm meeting Stacey and Keary. Almost, but not quite! But never say never.

Thank goodness! I'm feeling socially starved in Friday Harbor. Who else wants to come visit?

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, so excited to get together. Woot! And wow...looks like you've got your schedule packed full meeting these awesome women! I know I'll likely be with you when you meet up with Keary, but enjoy your other author dates. Can't wait to hear all about them. ;)

    Rachael
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get to meet Rachael Wade!!! I am so Jelly!!! I would snatch up the chance to meet any of you guys lol.

    ReplyDelete