Saturday, April 21, 2012

In My Mailbox (2)

It's been awhile since I've downloaded this many books at once. I don't like stockpiling my Kindle as books become buried and forgotten.

Books mean three things to me: pleasure, escape, and reward. I wanted to celebrate receiving my first paycheck in nearly four months (yesterday) with some new titles. I had to budget shop as I am in the hole from my forced hiatus following the Christmas holiday.

But! I still managed to make out like a bandit. See below.

Samples of Amaranth and Ethereal hooked me. Only 99 cents each.
Chelsea Fine kindly gifted me Anew after seeing it on my 12 year anniversary 12 book wish list. Many thanks to Chelsea! 
The Last Name Banks, The Grimoire: Lichgates, and Reunion were all on free promo days at amazon that I happened to stumble on at the right time. Thanks to Lacy Camey, S.M. Boyce, and Jeff Bennington. It's like winning free books without being required to enter a Rafflecopter.
  I love the inter-library loan programs. (I heart libraries!) I can request up to three books at a time. For the research I'm doing on Barcelona for Spellbound #3, Enchantment, I picked up the following: CultureShock! Spain (finished this afternoon), An Olympic Death (set in Barcelona), and Iberia by James Michener (Barcelona chapter only - this book is massive!)

In used books, I ordered Barcelona the Great Enchantress. Let the research begin!
And finally, a surprise Earth Day present arrived from my mom earlier in the week. I am obsessed with cookbooks and have had to curb my addiction over the past couple years. I was so thrilled to receive 1,000 Vegan Recipes and am making the potato-and-artichoke stuffed portobello mushrooms as soon as I sign off. Yum!

3 comments:

  1. Great books this week, Nikki! I especially love that you got 1000 Vegan Recipes - that is one vegan cookbook that I do not own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Quite the haul. Alot of these are new to me, so that's exciting. I love finding new books to go stalk on GoodReads! Reunion and Amaranth look really good. I hope you enjoy them all!

    <333

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was more like you when it comes to books on my kindle. Im a total kindle book horder. I even look at the free books every night just incase theres anything I dont have lol. :)

    I totally loved the comment you left on my blog under the Forever Girl review! <3Yay!!!<3

    Oh and Im finally getting around to filling out the sign up for your YA World Parade! I'll be emailing it to you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete