Saturday, March 3, 2012

From My Library & On My Kindle (1)

“From My Library” and “On My Kindle” is a spin-off on “In My Mailbox” a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren. This is the non-reviewers version. I enjoy seeing what other people are reading and sharing my reads, too.

Book Two and Three from different series. I was sucked into The Hunger Games and then Catching FireMockingjay is slower so far (I’m on page 215). It’s sick, but there’s nothing like the anticipation for the games, not to mention I’m a bit in love with Peeta and what a sorry state he’s in!

Funny Story: Last November a friend started telling me about The Hunger Games. I said, “I’ll never read it so go ahead and tell me everything that happens.” Famous last words. I read Book One and Two in January and loved every page! (Even though I knew everything that was going to go down in Book One. Spoilers don’t necessarily spoil the book.)

The Infernal Devices series have taken cover art to an ethereal level. I’m an inks and fonts girl and I’d like to know how they got the light to reflect off the cover as though lit from within. Stunning! So far, I like Clockwork Angel better than Clockwork Prince, but I’m only on page 75.
First, I have to share the pic my author friend Suz Korb sent me after she downloaded my novel to her Kindle. Is that not cool?

Cause I couldn’t resist: I downloaded a sample of The Girls’ Guide to Dating Zombies. I think I would’ve appreciated it more if I were single or dating a… well, zombie. Domestic bliss makes it difficult to lament navigating the dating wasteland. Don’t get me wrong, I loved Bridget Jones’s Diary in my day (and still do – zombies can’t hold a candle to a Darcy)!



And speaking of zombies, aforementioned Suz Korb is the author of Eve Eden v The Zombie Horde. Check out my interview with her, “An American Writing in England”, this coming week.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my IMM Nikki! This is a really neat spin off and although I would call mine On My Nook I love it none the less! Your book cover looks stunning on that kindle though! I'm just so in love with it, a paperback copy is so on my list!!

    I hope you enjoy all of your reads this week, esp. Clockwork Prince! I LOVED that book and it broke my heart into a million pieces.

    Happy reading this week!
    [:

    ShawnaLeAnn
    Dreaming In The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait to read more than 75 pages lol :P You'll love it ;) I personaly think Clockwork Prince is one of the best books ever written! :) It heart-braking, sad, hilarious, funny, I could go on forever. I just love it :) So I really hope, you'll like it too :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Mockingjay! I love the book so much, it's one of the best series ever! I cried a lot when I finished the book LOL! Enjoy your read this week, Nikki! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment on our blog, Nikki! And hooray for another vegan :)

    You got some great books this week!

    ReplyDelete