Thursday, February 16, 2012

Re-Chosen


Caught on Candid Cover: identical models.

Is it just me, or do you see double?

This is the risk we have to take as indies when choosing from royalty free stock images.

It even happens to non-indies. Long after Gwyn Cready finished her Aching for Always trailer, she saw her sexy sea captain on someone else’s book cover.

“Unless you pay for exclusive use of the photo, which is expensive, you won’t be the only person who can use it,” she wrote in an article for Romance Writers of America. (Lights, Camera, Savings. July 2011.)

She may be technically up for grabs, but as far as I’m concerned my cover girl is OFF LIMITS!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Nikki, love the new blog look. And I love the cover of your book. I can't wait to read it! Only a few more days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was tempted to use the above image too! lol

    I think this is why I've stopped searching for stock images. I'm so glad I found a cover artist who creates original covers for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eve Eden: Zombie Bride. LOL

    Your book covers are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also reading Gravity by Abigail Boyd that has this cover too!

    ReplyDelete