Friday, October 28, 2011

Snack Attack

I’ve got candy on the brain and it’s not just because Halloween’s coming up. An even more frightening phenomenon follows on the coattails of doomsday: NaNoWriMo.

In the past I've used this month as an excuse to load up on candy, snack every 20 minutes and imbibe on wine. This year I want to give myself an advantage by chomping down on brain food – the kind of stuff that powers me through pages without the consequent crash, burn and tummy ache.

I’ve already started building up a stash for next week: dry roasted pumpkin seeds, dried apples, raw buckwheat snacks, dates, carob & goji berry bites, walnuts and frozen fruits for smoothies.

If I have the time I’ll make up my own snacks and freeze them: sesame bon-bons and date bars. My two quickie all-time favorite munchables are ants on a log and popcorn with a dusting of nutritional yeast.



1 comment:

  1. I wish I had your fortitude. I think I'll just be kind to my kitty and not get up every five minutes to get a snack (thereby knocking him off my chair, where he's snuggling next to my laptop).

    I'd be excited about NaNo more if I didn't feel so far behind!

    ReplyDelete