Thursday, September 22, 2011

Season of the Writer


This morning I woke up to a beautiful sound: Rain.


I write really well when it’s raining.

I’ve never been able to write in the summer. I think it must be due to my Alaskan upbringing where it is ingrained in you that pleasant weather comes in such a short window that you must leap through it and take in everything you can, like a bear storing up for hibernation.

I’ve got a glorious feeling– like Gene Kelly, only I’m writing in the rain.

When do you write best?

Image from Storage Geek.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki,

    Thanks for following me via NetworkedBlogs! I see we live near each other. I'm down on the Eastside myself. And I'm waiting for the weather to turn. (You know it's coming!) I figure it will help me write my second novel. It hasn't rained here in Sammamish, but it's dark and cloudy. And a little warm, strangely enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that your planted pot typewriter? I love that!

    I write best in absolute silence. When no one is around to distract me, I write like the wind! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know when I write best (still haven't figured that one out yet as I tend to write at random), but I do know that I love waking up to rain outside my window. I always make it a point to open my screen and *breathe*...sigh :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I like that your writer status is to the right. :) I love learning the different stages writers are in, when they began writing, and all those details that inevitably vary from writer to writer.

    ReplyDelete